When a parent makes a payment using their credit card or bank account, you will see the payment appear on their Family Account page under Billing > Family Accounts on the website.
The payment will appear with:
- the date and time that it was initiated,
- the name of the parent,
- some information on the payment method that was used,
- the amount, and
- the status of the payment
Payments will only start processing if they were initiated before 1pm PST, Monday through Friday. If it's after 1pm PST, the payment will start processing on the next available business day. Business days do not include weekends or holidays.
Payments appear with a pending status as soon as the parent initiates the payment online.
It can be listed as pending until up to 5 business days after the payment was initiated.
Payments fail if any of the following issues occur:
- The parent had insufficient funds in their account.
- The parent's bank account or credit card numbers were entered incorrectly.
- Your own bank account number was entered incorrectly.
When a payment fails, the money that was previously deposited will be withdrawn from your account and the payment itself will be marked with a red X on the family account page.
Please contact our support using the chat function on the website if you have any questions or want us to look into something for you.