When you assign a room to a student it will be set as their default room. When the student is signed in by their parent they will automatically be placed into this homeroom.
If you assign a room to a staff member, when they clock in they can sign directly into their homeroom; however, if they choose, staff will have the ability to sign into a different room.
This article details how you can assign or change a student or staff member's default room.
Note for Extended and After Care Providers:
We recommend making your after care room as the default room for all students. This will make the sign in process much easier for staff taking attendance.
Any additional information (their age, grade, regular classroom, etc) can be included under Student Tags for filtering purposes.
Assign a Room to Students
On the website (update multiple students' room):
- Go to My School-->Students
- Select the students to be moved (red circle below)
- Click "Select Batch" at the top and change to "Change Room" (red arrow below)
- Select the new room and click "Update"
In the app (one student at a time):
- From the home screen click the student's name
- Click "Profile" at the top right
- Scroll to "Assigned Room" and change as needed
Assign a Room to Staff
- My School--> Staff
- Click ellipsis and select "Edit Staff"
- Select their new room