Need to refund a payment? You are in the right place. You can issue and keep track of refunds easily:

  1. Go to Billing --> Family Account.
  2. Click on the name of the child.
  3. Find the payment that needs to be refunded. Click on the ellipsis (...) and select "Issue Refund."
  4. You will have the option to refund online if the parent paid via credit card or ACH; otherwise, you will see the option to refund Cash or Check.
  5. Capture a description of why the refund is being processed and click "Make Refund."

Refund timing:

For online payments: If the customer has paid their bill online through credit card or bank account, Kinderlime will refund that payment electronically back to their respective credit card or bank accounts in 10 business days. 

For check/cash: you will need to issue a check or cash for that refunded amount.

Note about fees:
Unfortunately it is not possible for us to refund the transaction fees when refunds are processed.

Regarding Partial Refunds:
You can refund only full payments through the Kinderlime system. An alternative way to record a partial refund is by going to the family's account page, selecting "New Transactions" in the upper right, and clicking on "Create Invoice." Make sure to include a detailed description of the situation. For example, if you are refunding $100, use that as an invoice amount and put in description "Partial refund of payment made on ___".

Did this answer your question?